Streaming has emerged as one of the best career options these days. Though streaming is not that difficult it is not obvious to deny the fact that one actually has to have a flawless recording in order to enhance his/her podcast and stream quality. So here we go with our best picks among all the audio mixing software for streaming available in the market.
WHAT IS AN AUDIO MIXING SOFTWARE?
Audio Mixing software gives streamers/podcasters a large control over their sound. You can control volume, remove noise, and fine-tune equalization.
ALSO READ: 7 Best Scanner App Made In India 2021
3 Best Audio Mixing Software
Adobe’s Audition is one of the best audio mixing software available in the market. The app comes with some incredible features that have gradually improved through their experience of all these years in order to make the interface more user-friendly and a powerful application for professional users. Audition comes with features like multi-track editing and mixing which will definitely make your streaming experience much better and enjoyable.
It supports most of the audio formats like MP3, WAV, AC-3, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, AAC, HE-AAC, CAF, FLAC, PCM, OGG, WMA, and more, along with support for video formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.
- DEVERB AND DENOISE EFFECTS: You can remove reverb and background sounds with the help of real-time effects and an efficient sound panel.
- IMPROVED MULTITRACK UI: Playback multiple numbers of audio tracks and experience multitrack recording at low latencies on common workspaces and that too without expensive hardware and proprietary.
- ON-CLIP GAIN CONTROL AND WAVEFORM SCALING: You can even adjust audio without moving the mouse cursor with a waveform that smoothly scales in real-time.
- LIVE RELINKING: Users can replace assets within an open project and the edits made to the original clip are retained and applied to the new material so that they can work even when the assets change.
- DYNAMIC LINK FOR STREAMING VIDEO CONTENT: The dynamic-link feature is specially made for new and upcoming streamers so that they can stream without lagging and rendering.
- DUAL DISPLAY: Adobe has built a full-screen dual-monitor workflow interface in order to make editing, and mixing super easy and fun to do the job. Users can display their content on a secondary monitor using HDMI cables etc.
- Variety of features available for free trial
- Great UI setup
- Compatible with all major operating systems
- Does not have a beginner friendly interface
- No tutorials available
- Good for streamers but not up to the mark for music production and beat making.
2. LOGIC X PRO
Logic Pro X is Apple’s DAW and the best option among the audio mixing software for systems running macOS. Logic Pro X brings a plethora of awesome features that make it an amazing audio mixing software for both beginning streamers, and professional users.
Logic Pro X comes with all the basic features, which gives it an edge over other software in the market and also brings extremely advanced features including auto-match the timing of different tracks in a project using ‘Smart Tempo.’
Logic Pro X supports audio formats like WAV, AIFF, CAF, PCM, ALAC, AAC, MP3, REX, RCY, and a lot more.
- LIVE LOOPS: Live loops help streamers to create and arrange music and audio effects in real-time.
- REMIX FX: Remix FX helps you add DJ-style effects. The feature also makes it easier for one to add transitions to an individual track which is aided with filters, stutters, echoes, gating effects, and many more.
- NAVIGATION LAUNCHPAD:The navigation launchpad is an 8×8 grid of colorful pads containing dynamic trigger cells, a variety of input notes, mixer level adjustments, and many more.
- FLEXTIME: Using the flex time feature one can manipulate the timing of a single note in a waveform. Users can also edit the tempo of the recording individually.
- BOUNCE: Users can render or bounce a project from a range of single audio files to multi audio files.
- A variety of plug-ins available
- Beginner friendly interface along with lots of tutorials
- Best option available for mac users
- Feature Rich
- Less accessibility as it is compatible with mac only.
- Quite expensive for non-professional and parttime users.
Audacity counts amongst one of the best free audio mixing software available. It holds its significance for being a free and open-source software on one hand and for being equally feature-rich on the other hand. The above features also make it the most easily accessible software to anyone looking to get started with audio mixing and streaming.
Audacity supports almost all the audio file formats out there like MP3, WAV, AIFF, PCM, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, AC3, AMR, WMA, MP4, and more.
- EFFECTS: Real-time previews of LADSPA, LV2, VST, and Audio Unit(for macOS) effects are available. Plugin installation is handled by a plug-in manager which can also add or remove effects and generators.
- SHORTCUTS: a large number of keyboard shortcuts are available which can be manipulated.
- ANALYSING: The spectrogram view mode for visualizing and selecting frequencies is an important feature in order to manipulate and refix the sound while streaming.
There are a variety of other tools available as well including an envelope tool, time shift tool, and more, which have been gradually been worked on and improved in order to make the interface easier and user friendly.
- Completely free
- Cross platform
- Massive online community and tutorials available for help.
- UI is not good
- crashes on Mac sometimes
- plugins after launching software are not recognised and supported.
HEAD ON COMPARISON
BETWEEN ADOBE AUDITION VS LOGIC X PRO VS AUDACITY
When we talk about the accessibility of the above-mentioned software, we talk about the operating systems which are supported by them. According to our research and analysis, we have found that ADOBE AUDITION has an edge over the other two software’s. Adobe Audition supports all major operating systems like WINDOWS, MACOS, etc.
On the other hand, if we talk about LOGIC X PRO, it is available only for MACOS, and not for windows and other operating systems which drops its accessibility to a very much extent as most of the streamers are not MAC users.
If we talk about Audacity, it also supports every major operating system like Windows, Linux, macOS. But the only problem is that its interface crashes sometimes when operated on MacOS, hence affecting its accessibility significantly.
According to our analysis, we found that LOGIC X PRO has the most user-friendly and beginner-friendly interface. It also has a lot of tutorials and features available which serves as a cherry on the top for beginners.
On the other hand, Adobe Audition is completely for those who are “pro” in the field of streaming and audio mixing & editing, As there is not much online tutorial available and the interface is too complex for a rookie.
If we talk about Audacity, it also has a decent number of tutorials and online material available for beginners.
One of the most important factors of choosing amongst the above-mentioned audio mixing software is their price range.
On the basis of the price range, Audacity has come out to be the most acceptable amongst the audience as it provides a good interface along with a handsome number of features for beginners to start with.
After that, Adobe Audition fits most of the pockets as it has a free trial along with its subscription cost of $20.99 per month, which is about Rs 1,559.4 for Indian users.
Logic X Pro stands out to be the most expensive option among the above mentioned. Its subscription costs about $199, which is Rs 14,784.14 for Indian users.
For your ease of understanding we have also made a tabular comparison table as follows:
|Logic X pro
|Windows 10 v1903 or higher versions
|Mac OS 10.12 or higher versions
|Windows vista home premium/business/ultimate/7 (32-bit)/Windows 7(64-bit) Audacity 1.2.6 not supported by windows vista/7
|4 GB (Minimum)
|512 MB (Minimum)
|Hard Disk Requirements
|4 GB Hard Disk space for installation
|78 GB (6 GB installation and 72 GB for full sound library)
|322.8 MB (72 MB Installation) Control Console 250.8 MB)
|Purpose served most effectively
|Streaming and podcasting
|Streaming Podcasting Beat making Music production
|Streaming and Beat making
|Professionally settled streamers
|Beginners and professionals
|Beginners and professionals
Other than the above-mentioned software, there are a ton of excellent software like FL STUDIO, GOLDWAVE, WAVEPAD, AVID PRO TOOLS, and many more, which serve the function of audio editing and mixing. But our research was more focused on the software which was more oriented towards live streaming purposes.
All the above-mentioned software are the best ones in the field of audio mixing and editing while streaming. All three of them have their own features, pros, and cons. It is completely dependent on the user, that how he/she has to use one keeping all the above-mentioned points, features & interface in mind.
Also, don’t forget to check out our other blogs as well!